Thursday, July 10, 2008

The answer is still no!


I have been in Colorado for just over three years now- and it still seems like yesterday when I moved out here. I am so thankful for my time here... This time has been about healing and growth. My ex is now married... and most of the people I met in my Divorce Small Group have at least paired up, most have remarried... part of me wonders when I will find someone... another worries that I'm getting used to being by myself...
It's funny- when you are divorced everyone seems to ask if you are seeing anyone... (the answer is still no.) Part of the problem is the type of guys I meet... If you are familiar with my current job- you know that I spend a great deal of time in jail!

I've struggled with a lack of self worth and self pity... wondering how anyone could want to be with someone like me... let alone someone who meets my standards-who has the qualities I want in a mate.

Awhile back I told myself that I wouldn't be ready to date until I conquered my house. More specifically- work through each and every box of stuff that I've accumulated and brought here... and then find a place for everything... purge anything that doesn't have a home. I've been wallowing in the muck of stuff for way too long. In my mind this will prove to myself that I am ready... that I've truly healed- that I'd be ready at that point to move on. Recently I've been making great progress in this area... feeling like it isn't an impossible task. Completion of this task still feels like a huge feat... but it doesn't feel impossible anymore. I have been frozen in a holding pattern for so long... I've ignored the piles of boxes that stare me in the face every day. They represent emotional baggage... my old life... and as I go through them tossing/donating I feel stronger... I imagine the day that it will be done... (I may be a senior citizen at that point) I plan to throw my very first party! :)

1 comment:

Bart Saunders said...

Jenny I have always loved you but love you even more for being honest with yourself. It's so much easier to plug along and not re-evaluate where you're at and where you've been.