Friday, July 25, 2008

Borrowed Time...


Had a bit of a scare this last week with Nikita... Tuesday I thought I was actually saying goodbye to Nikita... it had been 5 days of diarrhea all over my house... and I thought for sure the vet was going to say it was time...


As you might imagine- I was a mess leaving the house, putting her in the car- I was a blubbering idiot by the time we got to the vet's. By the time I got there, I honestly thought that I was going to throw up all over the lobby as I walked her in... As we were waiting to check in she had another one of her episodes all over the floor... and when we were finally shown to a room I sat on the floor with Niki- trying to collect myself.


The vet initially thought she felt a mass in her abdomen... but couldn't find it again as she rechecked... Thankfully her blood test came back looking very good... only slightly elevated in the kidneys... probably due to all the diarrhea... So the vet gave me some antibiotics for her- and a prescription for some crazy expensive canned food...


I was on cloud nine as I stopped to get something to drink- and a big water for Nikita- when suddenly I was overcome by the smell... and I turned around to find she was panic-striken as she no longer had anywhere to lay... the back seat was covered... gross... poor girl...


Well the good news is that was the last of it... she perked up over the next day... Go figure- she loves the expensive canned food goodness... and she hasn't been alone since... thanks to my friend Phil who has tag-teamed with me taking care of them...


Perhaps I'm enjoying borrowed time... but she's still here... I'm so relieved... We go back to the vet next week... but for now- she's still here! :)


Hey- Madison wanted to say hello too... :)

1 comment:

Meghan said...

I'm SO glad they were able to get her better!! Sorry you had to go through all that... I'm sure it was absolutely heartbreaking. Hang in there!! Whatever time you have left will I'm sure be very special... and I hope it's years!!

Love you! (Madison looks so cute by the way!)